Back to the Beginning

As I mentioned before, the uncooperative scarf was fighting being ripped out. I wrote to the great knitting forum here, Crafting Together. People there had good suggestions. One was to put it in the freezer overnight to make the mohair easier to frog. That did seem to help.

I wound the frogged part up into a center-pull ball, and then realized that I had the wrong end pulling from the center so I rewound it in the taxi on my was to Sim Lim Square today. Kent was kind enough to lend his thumb to hold the ball as I unwound the old one.

Now I am ready to start knitting again. This will give me the chance to try out another one of the suggestions from the knitting forum. To help prevent a bit of the curling, I’m going to make the ends and the edges in seed stitch. Another suggestion was garter stitch but I tried that first and it didn’t seem to help. Hopefully seed stitch will.

I’m hoping to start it tonight. Then I’ll keep working on it tomorrow at the Knit Out at the Gloria Jean’s at Raffles City.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s